Open by Andre Agassi

Image result for open andre agassi“Open” is auto-biography about Andre Agassi, one of the world greatest tennis players. This book shows his life journey from childhood to becoming the worlds number one ranked player.

This book reveals Agassi’s true feelings towards the game of tennis. Specifically, he describes what he went through during his childhood, his relationship with his father and how he became a rebellious teenager. Agassi also discusses the ups and downs he faced in his personal relationships and tennis career.

Agassi explains why tennis in his opinion, is the loneliest sport and why he constantly felt isolated. He even compares playing tennis to being in solitary confinement. Despite all the losses and failures early on in his career, Agassi explains how he resurrected his career and life after suffering from a serious loss of confidence.

If you like sports/athletes, then you will love this book.

One thought on “Open by Andre Agassi

1. I really enjoyed this review as I have never read an autobiography by an athlete! I think you really highlighted the struggles that Agassi went through (and continues to go through), and at its core, whether sports fan or not, any human can relate to some of the things that he has gone through.

Having studied Kinesiology, I think sometimes professional sports is glorified and the suffering athletes go through is covered up. I am excited to check this book out, and learn more about his life journey, and hear how candidly he speaks about his experience within the sport of tennis.